Claw Machine Costume
- Metallic silver tablecloth
- Adhesive foam sheets
- Beanbag assortment
- Large cardboard box
- Small cardboard box
- Large piece of foam core
- Wood dowel
- Face paint or make-up
- Printable signs
- Paint the large box using the red paint, allow time to dry.
- Tape the inside seams of the four flaps on one side of the box, cutting three of the four flaps off on the other side of the box. The remaining flap will be cut so it has a rounded top. Cut three windows into the sides of the box. Cut a piece of foam core and glue it inside the box along the fold line of the remaining flap to stabilize it in place.
- Size and cut the ribbon straps to fit your child. Attach the ribbon straps to the inside of the box.
- Glue the yellow and white pom-poms around the edge of the top flap to make the machine’s light bulbs.
- Print, cut out and glue “The Claw” tag to front of the top box flap. Glue the “Play and Win” tag to the front of the box below the window.
- Measure the backside of the box and cut and fit the silver tablecloth to the inside back of the box. Glue or tape to secure in place.
- Cover the small cardboard box with adhesive black foam. Print, cut out and glue the “insert coins” tag to front of the small box. Glue the red foam circle and arrow pad to the top of the small box. Cut a small hole in the center of the arrow pad to insert the joystick.
- To make the joystick, hot glue a white pom-pom to the end of a wood dowel. Insert the completed joystick into the top of the small box. Glue the small box to the front of the large box below the window.
- Cut out the prize window out of the adhesive foam and adhere to bottom of box.
- Hot glue the bean bag animals to the inside of the box or attach them in a way you see fit.
- To make the claw, hot glue two headbands together so they are crisscrossed. Cut a piece of string to hold the claw and attach it to the box so it stretches across the center. Cut a smaller piece of string. Now attach one end of the string to the center of the headband claw. Attach the other end of the string to the string in the center of the box.
- Dress your child up as the animal of your choice. Use a headband and some adhesive foam to make a quick set of ears. Use face paint to add the final touches.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.